Powder Applicator for Wire, Cable, Strip & More
Features and Benefits
- Three standard Chalkmaster models for diameter ranges up to 30mm, 50mm, 75mm
- Fully mobile system fitted with ball-bearing silent castors
- Flashing beacon to indicate powder refill required
- Plug and socket for quick electrical input supply connection
- Quick-release connection for easy air input supply
- Plug and socket connections for main electrical components
- Line height adjustment through screw-type jacking feet
- Reliable, low maintenance machine with few moving parts
- Quiet, low pollution operation reducing health hazards
- Economic performance with adjustable powder control
- Complies with CE Health and Safety norms
The revolutionary TDC Chalkmaster is used to apply talc or powder to wire, cable, and other stranded materials during the manufacturing process. Its simple and durable design lends itself well to a long product lifespan. TDC’s Powdermaster adds the convenience of flip-top loading for ease of product threading and powder capacity is also expanded.
The heart of the system is the special patented design of the powder applicator. Except for the self cleaning rotary filter, there are no moving parts in direct contact with the powder. The filter bearings and drive are external and are not affected by powder. The patented rotating system is self-cleaning.
CHALKMASTER is an effective method of applying talcum and SAP powders to cables on a production line. The quiet operation and reduction of powder in the atmosphere have made it a well-proven method of meeting improved health and safety standards. Over 300 units are in operation throughout the world, handling powder applications in many diverse environments.
The basis of the design concept is the creation of an effective fluidized bed of powder by passing compressed air through a micro-porous ceramic tile, via a regulator and filter. The powder is then accelerated up the twin applicator tubes and is directed onto the product which passes continuously through the machine. Powder is pumped continuously through the applicator tubes, while air is extracted by a powerful vacuum motor, through a self-cleaning rotating filter.
A negative pressure is produced within the machine, which creates an air intake at the input and exit ports; this stops powder escape into the workplace. Powder deposition is controlled by an air-wipe system which provides a simple effective method of applying standard talcum powders in a continuous production line.
CHALKMASTER Optional Features
Various options are available to meet the precise applications of each customer
|PCS – Powder collection and recycle system||FStr – Flat strip system 100mm wide (max)|
|IAD – Adjustable diaphragm valves for input and exit ports||BiD – Switch for changing direction of operation using dual powder deposition controls|
|SB – Sub-base to increase product centreline height from standard 1000mm||CCS – Catenary cable system 12 degree angle (max)|
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Equipment
- Optical Fiber, Wire and Cable Machinery
- Automatic Dual Reel Takeup
- Cable Tape Payoff
- Legacy Optical Fiber Equipment
- Loose Buffer Tube Rewinder
- Non Contact Fiber Position Sensor
- Optical Fiber Coloring Machine and Rewinder
- Optical Fiber Payoff Systems
- Optical Fiber Proof Tester and Rewinder
- Optical Fiber Ribbon Line
- Optical Fiber Ribbon Respooler
- Powder Applicator for Wire, Cable, Strip & More
- Small Product Rewinder
- Strander Creel Scrap Winder
- Transformer Manufacturing Machinery
- UV Curing Equipment