Fiberglass and Industrial Fabric UV Edge Cure and Trim System
This equipment provides a complete edge treatment, slitting and trim removal system. It is a free-standing unit which may be incorporated into the user’s process. Equipped with electro-optical sensors and fast-response actuators which keep the active machine elements positioned properly with respect to the edge of the running fabric.
- A resin dispensing and applying system which stores the UV resin and dispenses it to the applicator system at an adjustable ratio proportional to fabric speed. The applicator applies a stripe of resin 1/4 wide at a point near the edge being followed by the sensor system and near the other edge at a preset, fixed distance from the first stripe.
- An ultraviolet curing irradiator and light shield system cures the resin.
- Slitting knives are used to shear the fabric to a precise width.
- A pneumatic conveying system is used for the edge trim removal.
Typical Industrial Fabric Application
- Fabric composition – “E” type glass with Silane treatment.
- Fabric weight – 0.6 to 7.0 ounces per square yard.
- Fabric process speed – up to 100 yards per minute.
- Fabric width – 38 to 62 inches.
- Resin application width – approximately 1/4″ on each edge.
- Slitting tolerances – ± 1/16 inch over a range of ± 1 inch.
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Equipment
- Optical Fiber, Wire and Cable Machinery
- Automatic Dual Reel Takeup
- Cable Tape Payoff
- Legacy Optical Fiber Equipment
- Loose Buffer Tube Rewinder
- Non Contact Fiber Position Sensor
- Optical Fiber Coloring Machine and Rewinder
- Optical Fiber Payoff Systems
- Optical Fiber Proof Tester and Rewinder
- Optical Fiber Ribbon Line
- Optical Fiber Ribbon Respooler
- Powder Applicator for Wire, Cable, Strip & More
- Small Product Rewinder
- Strander Creel Scrap Winder
- Transformer Manufacturing Machinery
- UV Curing Equipment